Kearny County Hospital was founded in 1952, and has been owned and operated by our County government since 1976, to provide inpatient and outpatient hospital care, emergency medical treatment, and primary care.
High Plains Retirement Village, the Kearny County Home for the Aged, was founded in 1983 and has been owned and operated by our County government to provide nursing facility, senior housing, and long-term care services.
In 1990 Kearny County Hospital began operation of the Family Health Center which provides primary health care in Lakin and Deerfield.
In our work we are committed to:
• Continually improving the quality of our caring services, and increase our knowledge, skill, and compassion.
• Continually increase the esteem we place on our staff, and our efforts to assure the maintenance of a safe, caring, and pleasant workplace and residence.
• Assure access to emergency, long-term care, medical, nursing, and primary care services that are a high quality and high value and assure that no person will be denied care because of sex, age, race, color, creed, disability, income, or national origin.
• Achieving quality in our services, which is the result of high intention, sincere effort, intelligent direction, and skillful execution.
• Cooperate with organizations within Kearny County, with like-minded neighboring community health organizations, and with government agencies in the provision of appropriate services.
• Explore through network collaboration and demonstration projects better methods of rural health services delivery.
Improve the public health and promote the rational distribution of essential health services in a caring, efficient, effective, and financially responsible manner.